Thursday, August 8, 2024

How Taylor Was Saved By Swift Action




It was reported yesterday that Taylor Swift had to cancel several performances this week in Vienna as she was a target of a terrorist attack by ISIS or ISIS sympathizers. No performer or other public figure should ever fear being a target of any violent act. They are standing on stage or at a podium with no protection or any way to respond.
 
Taylor Swift had her first big hit at sixteen as a country singer. My daughter, who is just a few years older than Taylor, and other girls in that same generation were fans, big time. She would eventually become that generation’s version of Beatlemania.

And now, my daughter and my daughter-in-law’s daughters, my granddaughters, who are all under nine-years-old, know the words and the music to just about every song, and of course, my grandsons just roll their eyes when their sisters start to dance and sing when a “Swift-hit” comes on.

And I am sure this is a common occurrence in many families, where sisters will sing while their brothers" hands will wring. Come on guys… girls just want to have fun! (I know. A hit from another legendary female singer.)

I, of course, am not a fan. It would be weird for a seventy-three-year-old man to be a fan of someone half my age. Or younger. But I am a fan of watching, with delight, how much joy this performer brings to the female contingent of my family.

Thankfully, the perpetrators were caught and justice will be served. And all the girls around the world will dance or sing, and try to be like Taylor. It is, as I recall, what my generation did with Beatle wigs and boots. And collarless suits.

And soon enough, another Taylor hit will be sung and once again, the girls will have won. And have fun. Sorry guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment