Monday, July 8, 2013

Lazy and Hazy

I almost did it. I almost went 5 says since I wrote a commentary. But, alas, the flesh was willing, yet the mind was weak. Lol!

Did everyone enjoy the mid-summer recess, otherwise known as the Independence Day or Fourth of July holiday? I know I did. It was beautiful all weekend here on Long Island, wasn't it? No rain. 85 degrees. Not an oppressive humidity. BBQ and fireworks at my son and daughter-in-law's home on Thursday, mowed the lawn on Friday and, in the pool on Saturday and Sunday, the water temp 86 to 88 degrees. Aah, that's the life!

I was going to write about all the things that was news this weekend, but instead, I decided to try and make it one more day of laconic and easy feelings. The hazy, crazy, lazy days of summer can do that to a guy. Or a gal.

There was joy in Metsville this weekend, too. Not that they won any games, though they did. Not that star players were moved back and forth from Las Vegas and New York, though they were. No, the big news was that David Wright is the starting third baseman and Matt Harvey was named as a Pitcher in the All Star Game in their home field, Citifield. The last starter at home for the Mets was Ron Hunt in 1964, in that Cathedral known as Shea Stadium. 50 All Star Games ago.

I guess the Mets story is news, but as you know, I have been Orange and Blue since '62. I am absolutely excited about that and I wanted to share this fan's feelings!

So, I promise that starting tomorrow, I will be back in full form, raring to go, with the batteries recharged, the juices flowing and the blood boiling. In the meantime, enjoy this extra day of reprieve from the thoughts and meanderings of a very passionate man who has deep feelings on many issues. You know I do.

And you must too, if you enjoy reading my commentaries every day. Thank you for your inspiration and your feedback. You make it all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment