Monday, January 27, 2014

The Rude American

There are many stupid and rude people in this country......

I was on my way home from visiting a friend this past weekend and I needed to stop at the Darien rest stop on the New England Thruway for coffee and gas.

As I was slowing down to turn into the parking lanes to pull into an open spot, a young woman suddenly fell down off the curb. She lost her balance and fell into an empty spot onto her face. I stopped my car, mid-turn and jumped out to help her up.
As I stopped to assist this poor young woman, this ignorant moron was honking his horn like a nut because whatever it was he had to do was more important than life itself. I asked him what was his rush and he said I was blocking the way. I responded by telling him I was helping this young woman, and by the way, she was pregnant.

He yelled to me to move my car, so I told him to turn around if he was in such a rush. He showed his ignorance or stupidity by doing what most Americans do these days, he flipped me off. As I ignored him, he continued his rage by opening his window to scream profanities because he was just so important.

Anyway, I stood with the woman until she was steady and able to walk on her own power. She insisted she was fine. Once I determined that she would be ok, I let her go and got into my car. As I moved my car to park, the fool drove away waving his finger at me. Hope it made him feel better.

I tell you this in the hope that the fool this story is about might read it as it circulates on Facebook, Twitter and elsewhere. If you do, just know that you are an ugly, selfish American.

For the rest of us? I would hope that instead of honking your horn like this idiot did, you would get out of your car and walk over to see what you could do to help. That is the most intelligent thing you could do.

Next time, it may not be a trip and fall. It very well could be a heart attack or a stroke when seconds count. Will you be so ignorant to honk your horn and scream profanities as a life being saved?

If you do, then you had better hope if it were you lying on the ground that people will not just walk by and point or honk their horn for you to get out of the way. You may very well become a speed bump.

Please remember the old adage: treat people as you would want to be treated, with respect and kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment