Thursday, October 10, 2013

Secular Religion

The PC police are at it again. The war on religion has stooped to new lows, my friends. As I recall, since I carry a copy of the Constitution on my iPhone, the First Amendment discusses "freedom of religion", not freedom from religion, as the uneducated PC bullies would want you to believe. 

Here are two stories and the links for your review. 

“Some holidays observed in the community that are considered by many to be secular (ex. Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Valentine’s Day) are viewed by others as having religious overtones. The district must always be mindful of the sensitivity of all the members of the community with regard to holidays and celebrations of a religious, cultural or secular nature. The United States Supreme Court has ruled that school districts may not endorse, prefer, favor, promote or advance any religious beliefs….”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/10/grade-school-bans-halloween-because-maybe-its-religious/#ixzz2hJyv5BPv


"(In September) Wreaths Across America was informed by the city council in Bar Harbor, Maine, that the lease on the perpetually lit tree that pays tribute to all veterans whose service keeps them from their families during the holiday, would no longer be renewed. The reasons given by the council were that the “Christmas They Never Had” tree could be considered offensive to some." 

See more at: http://www.wreathsacrossamerica.org/bar-harbor-pulls-the-plug-on-veterans-tree/#sthash.1EIWjz2B.dpuf

I don't know about you, but unless you are a practicing Druid or other ancient Celtic religion, Halloween is not a religious holiday. I know the legends which surround the "Christian" interpretation of this holiday, as it pertains to the Christian Feast of All Saints, and I know you do too, but children are dressing up as ghosts, not as the Holy Ghost.  

With regard to an evergreen tree decorated with red, white and blue lights, let me say this: it's an evergreen, which makes it the ideal type of tree to be used for "perpetual" purposes. And as I recall, the colors in our flag are red, white and blue. I fail to see the "Christmasy" aspect here. The bullies are taking their narrow-minded, and yes, bigoted view, and have decided to force the rest of us to comply, because 10 people complained. What????

It is time that everyone's rights are protected, not just those who want to deny the existence of something more powerful than the rest of us. I am not forcing you to comply with my beliefs; please don't force me to comply with yours. 

I mean, when they finally come back, what would the aliens say?

No comments:

Post a Comment