Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Choices and Friendships


Image result for friends and enemies images


I am amazed how many liberal "friends" I had on Facebook, and I my personal life, that have unfriended me or are not talking to me because I proudly voted for President-elect Donald Trump. I thought this was a country where we could agree to disagree and still be friends.

When did America become Amerika?

I didn't know we were required to march in lockstep. Or is it goosestep?

I could see if I lived in, say, the People's Republic of China, where I didn't vote for the one-candidate Premier. But not to vote for YOUR candidate? I am extremely disappointed in all those who are not speaking to me.

It was your choice that you voted for Hillary. And it was my choice to vote for The Donald. Isn't that what all you liberals keep insisting on? You know, CHOICE?

People went to war for all of us to enjoy the freedom to choose. But I didn't know that for some, it is only a choice when they choose that choice, and damn the rest of us who don't follow along like sheeple.

Image result for kennedy nixon images

While you may not believe this, I am very capable to choose between several options on my own, without the help of others, as if I need help because I am unable to think for myself. I think I am a fairly educated person, discerning on many points of view, especially as it involves politics and history.

I have been following presidential campaigns since 1960, when I was nine years old. I sat, mesmerized, in September, 1960, as I listened to Kennedy and Nixon debate the issues involving Formosa, Laos and Cuba. And since that time, I have sat on Election Night, for all hours of the night, until a winner was declared.

I have also written about polls, and that the only poll that matters is the one on Election Day. I have written about this a few times. I am including my commentary, The Poll That Matters - First Tuesday in November, which includes my commentary, The Poll on Polls, for your review.  
   
All the polling in the world isn't going to be entirely predictable because, sometimes, people don't want to reveal the things they are thinking. And, sometimes, the polls are skewed and flawed for a host of reasons, including how the question is framed or by the demographics of people being questioned.


So, to be upset with ME because YOUR candidate didn't win is just ridiculous. Instead, you should blame YOUR candidate for being a human being, with flaws and warts, just like the rest of us. I viewed MY candidate that way, but I felt he was a better CHOICE for me.

As Piglet said to Pooh, "let's go and get really drunk" because they didn't allow their CHOICES to interfere in their FRIENDSHIP. And it should not interfere with ours.

Or, maybe you weren't my friend at all, and for that I truly am sorry.


No comments:

Post a Comment