Friday, October 7, 2016

Answering the Challenge

politics


was chatting with a friend today, who asked me why I have refrained from writing about politics since March, and I explained it was because I was writing from a very angry place and no longer being reasonable, which had been my trademark. She said many people are angry, on both sides, but I should try to get back on the horse.

She made what I felt were two valid observations which actually prompted me to write this. The first observation was that debates have become nothing more than not answering the questions asked and instead, the candidate hops onto a talking point which distracts the viewer/listener from the question at hand, and the second was actually a challenge to me by asking"Why have you constrained yourself?? Say what you believe to be true; some will agree, some will not and some will have no opinion. It's always interesting to see how people look at things."

Image result for hillary clinton images

I, too, believe that candidates, especially the current Democrat nominee, speak only in talking points. She has not said ANYTHING during this campaign which sounds bold, innovate, intelligent or unscripted. Instead, Hillary Clinton has shown she is a mere puppet to the establishment, much like Jeb Bush is. It isn't a matter of being a Democrat or Republican. They are exactly the same.

I have said I have changed my registration from Republican, which I have been since the Twenty-sixth Amendment was ratified on July 1, 1971, which, by the way, took three months and eight days to ratify, because as Reagan said when asked why he became a Republican"I didn't leave the Democrat Party, it left me." I am now a Libertarian. However, the two weasels running for President and Vice President as Libertarians, are nothing more than Establishment stooges who usurped the Libertarian nomination.

Image result for ronald reagan images

As far as the challenge my friend offered up to me, well, that is exactly the premise by how I approached my writing since 2013. But, in my heart, I lost my reasonableness and finally realized I needed to take a break. Now, I have found my sanity in some of the things I have written since I returned a couple of weeks ago. I think I am ready to take her challenge and run with it over the next thirty days.

I have been a supporter of Donald Trump since he announced last June, 2015 that he was running. I will tell you I met him in 1984, when the bank I was with did the mortgages for his co-op conversions in Forest Hills, Kew Gardens, Briarwood, Rego Park and Jamaica Estates in Queens, New York. I found him then to be a respectful and courteous man, who was honest, intelligent, patient and trustworthy, as well. I still feel this way.

I also met his brother, Robert, when the bank I was with did the refinance of several apartments that he owned in 2000. He, too, was a respectful and courteous man, but on a much quieter and more constrained level. These men are certainly products of their parents.

Image result for donald trump for president images

I also met The Donald in 2005, when I did a weekend version of Trump University, which I believe was certainly worth every penny I spent. Those who are suing him are doing so either because they feel he is an easy target because he is running for President, or because this is their Warhol moment. In either case, they are loser-predators.

So, I want to thank my friend for challenging me because there is much I have kept to myself over the last six-plus months. I want to say ahead of time, to those who will agree with me, I offer my thanks. To those who will not, well, I offer my condolences. And to those who are unsure whether that they can agree or disagree with me, get off the fence and take a stand. You are entitled to your opinion, your politically-correct friends notwithstanding, because you are guaranteed that right by our Sacred Document, the Constitution of the United States.

Oh, one more thing. To insist on politically-correct speech is nothing more than censorship and restrictions of my Freedom of Speech. I will be polite but not politically correct. And, apparently, as I have observed Donald Trump, he will be polite but not politically correct, either. As Voltaire allegedly said, I will not always agree what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Just so you know, that felt so good! Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment