Thursday, June 5, 2014

Concessions, Reagan and Endorsements

As you know, I supported Assemblyman Tim Donnelly over Neel Kashkari for the Republican nomination for Governor in CaliforniaIn fact, on May 20, I wrote a commentary which included my endorsement of Tim.

Over the last few days, right up to and including Tuesday morning, I reposted this commentary, hoping it would have explained to voters why Tim was my candidate of choice. If you read my commentary The Important California Primary,  you would have found I spoke highly of the Assemblyman without knocking Mr Kashkari. 

I believe in the Reagan Doctrine, you know, the Eleventh Commandment, "Thou shalt not speak ill of any fellow Republican."
 Ronald Reagan Eleventh Commandment
Mr Donnelly was gracious in his concession and Mr Kashkari, as well, was respectful in his acceptance.

Now, the battle moves to the general election where three-time Governor, Jerry Brown, 76, looms large in the battle against the Republican nominee. The Governor has a war chest estimated to be in excess of $20 million, which dwarfs the amount of money on hand and currently available to Mr Kashkari.

I have had several conversations with various power-brokers in California Republican circles, and to a person, each is concerned about another Brown administration. He is the epitome of what is wrong with California's economy. There is a book which I reviewed on January 17 called Taxifornia: Liberals' Laboratory to Bankrupt America, by James V Lacy which overviewed California Democrat politics, and which is destroying California's economy. Jerry Brown is the poster child of this impending disaster. 

While the general election is still about five months away, it will be here before we know it. It is imperative that Governor Brown is retired on November 4. He has more than outlived his welcome.

Perhaps this election will be the David in Neel Kashkari and the Republicans in California against the Goliath in Democrat Jerry Brown. It really comes down to the people taking back the state from the politicos who have ruined it. 

I believe Neel Kashkari represents the people's interests for Californians while Jerry Brown represents the elitists and special interest groups, and NOT THE INTERESTS OF THE PEOPLE.

As hard as I fought for Tim Donnelly, trust me, I will work even harder for the election of Neel Kashkari as California's next Governor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment