Friday, February 5, 2016

Our Angel In Heaven

Displaying FB_IMG_1454509339511.jpg
Displaying FB_IMG_1454509339511.jpg
Displaying FB_IMG_1454509339511.jpg



This past Tuesday, my cousin's daughter passed away. She was not yet 49.

I had written about her once before in my commentary from September 24, 2013 called Living With CancerShe was a brave, strong and gallant fighter, who by all measures never should have gotten this far.

Ultimately, the cause of death will probably be pneumonia because that was her final reason for her hospitalization. But those of us who knew this determined woman saw her suffer through untold bouts of cancer in so many parts of her body, ingesting chemotherapy like most of us drink ice tea.



Thankfully, when she passed, she was surrounded by her family and others who witnessed every terrible day she lived with this scourge. She was able to make some decisions at the end which many of us would not have the courage to make. She was able to pass on her own terms, bravely and, finally, at peace.

Kerri touched all of us throughout her life, even those who did not know her very well. This woman was diagnosed with cancer the first time over twenty years ago, and when she beat it back then, she had an epiphany to do God's work by working in the Oncology field to help others through their own personal scourges.

I can tell you as one presently in remission that watching her struggle and her battle gave me the courage to face my own scourge. I was going through chemo when I first found out that she had cancer again and I saw how bravely she faced it. Trust me, I prayed I could be half as brave as she was.
product photo 0
Kerri is now, finally, out of pain and sickness and trauma. She has suffered more than anyone else I ever knew who had cancer. She has paid her way a thousand times over to no longer be ravaged with this horrible and dreadful way to live.

I believe she is our beautiful Angel in Heaven, sitting at the table of goodness and plenty with her dear grandparents, who saw much of her suffering while they were alive. I am sure they suffered watching her from above, as well.

Kerri, you were taken much too young and yet, it was time for you to finally go and be no longer in pain. You touched us in ways you could not know while you were here, but you are now where you will be for all eternity. You will touch us always and forever.

May you and all our deceased loved ones Rest In Peace. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment