Sunday, February 14, 2016

A Democrat Woman's Response to Madeline Albright and Gloria Steinem's Sexist Comments



I sent this to my friend, Carrie, who happens to be a registered Democrat, for her to review and comment, as is my want.


This is her unedited response for you to digest and understand that not all Democrat woman march in lockstep with female sexists as the mainstream media would have you believe.


Excellent!!

It seems to me that there is a certain type of woman who would support Hillary, but obviously not the kind of women who live in New Hampshire!!

Most of the women I know abhor her. These are average women who are not really into politics. Generally speaking, they don't see her as a "woman" at all, at least not a woman such as themselves. She comes across to them as an alien, a kind of mutant crossbreed.  Remember John Grey's book Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus?   Many women see her not as coming from Venus, like us, but not exactly coming from Mars, either.

As you know, Frank, despite my feminine demeanor, I am a feminist in many ways. I support equal rights for women, equal pay and job opportunities, etc. I think women need to be well-educated and independent.  Nothing makes me want to puke more than a whiny, dependent woman who does nothing to stand up for herself and make her own way in the world.


Where I differ from people who call themselves "feminists" is on the issue of abortion. I am utterly and completely opposed to abortion on demandabortion as a form of birth control, etc. I concede there are medical circumstances that might lead to the loss of a baby's life’ but to deliberately abort a child is an anathema to me.

I think many, possibly most, women who support Hillary are women who would have abortions, who world put their careers over their families, etc. Women who are like her or who want to be like her.

I don't think many "traditional" women, who make up the majority of American females, support Hillary or her values.


It takes a gutsy woman to leave a philandering husbandtake up her own life and make something of herself on her own.  Hillary could easily have done this. However, for a woman to really take charge of her own life, it takes personality traits she lacks: honor, courage, things like that, things Hillary does not seem to have.

In a way Hillary, Albright and Steinem are insulting American women by demanding we all support Hillary because she is a woman. They say we all have to stick together.  That is utter nonsense. It contradicts all their assertions that women are equal to men.

If women are equal to men, and we are, then it shouldn't matter if a candidate is male or female. It shouldn't matter if the voter is male or female. All that really matters is that the electorate votes for the best PERSON for the job.

The candidate's sex should have nothing to do with it.


There you have it, folks. As always, your comments are always welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment