Friday, April 19, 2013

Dreams and Realities

Once a week, I like to think about good things, without tragedy, death, illness, taxes or even politics (which I actually love to discuss) involved. Tonight is such a night.

My Mets, I am orange and blue since '62, long suffering but loyal to the core, are coming home from a terrible road trip. It's not so much that they lost more than they won, though that is bad, as much as the games were called on account of SNOW!!

Tuesday's double header was played in arctic conditions and Thursday's game was played in 20 and 30 degree temperatures. That's football weather. I was waiting for Namath to throw a long one to Maynard, but I digress.

Back to my point. The Mets are coming home for nine games, to the cathedral we call Citifield, with an opportunity to get warm and also to get hot. The Captain, (yes Yankee fans, we have one too!) David Wright had a good road trip, in spite of the cold and snow, John Buck was decent, Jordany played well and Byrd was the Word.

Harvey is outstanding this year, living up to his press releases, and he starts tonight. Between him and Neise, we have a good one-two punch. Gee is overdue and we keep waiting for the rest to get it going. They will, I am sure of it.

So, Met fans, let's get that age old chant going, Lets Go Mets, Lets Go Mets! And cheer our boys of summer to a winning homestand, which sparks the fire to a winning year. After all, the playoffs and World Series could be in New York again.

But not in the Bronx. Lets Go Mets.

No comments:

Post a Comment