Wednesday, December 23, 2015

A Year-end Commentary - 2015



I know that this year, the number of commentaries I wrote declined over prior years. There were many factors which entered into this lack of production, some of which were personal in nature, and others which, had I written what I felt at the time, would have come across as shrill and unreasonable, without giving benefit to explanation.
So, in both cases, it was better to say nothing.


Today, the main reason for this commentary is to thank my readership for your continued support, encouragement, feedback, friendship and loyalty. I can assure you, all of these concepts are treasured by me and will be all good reasons to continue to write and share my views with you.
This year, I lost several friends and a cousin to cancer, as I know many of you had, as well. As one who is in remission, and not yet been declared cancer-free, this is hard news indeed to digest, knowing that you can be one PT Scan away from a new strain. In addition, two of my cousins are dealing with living with this scourge. My much younger second cousin has lived with it for many years on and off, and is stage 3/stage 4, and her mother was recently diagnosed with stage 1 breast cancer. It truly sucks.
I pray for both of them, and all people who have been afflicted with cancer and other potentially terminal illnesses every day.
Today, I will not be discussing politics, current events, or other potentially controversial topics, nor will I revisit any subjects which I have shared my views about with you this year. Well, maybe one. My Jets are presently 9 and 5, and need to win both remaining games to have a chance at a playoff opportunity. The chances that Kansas City and/or Pittsburgh losing both of theirs is not a reality. But, just the fact that they have a winning record for the first time in five seasons, when they were 11 and 5, is comfort knowing that at least for this year, they are not a perennial loser.
Add this to the fact that the Mets won the National League Pennant, makes this die-hard Mets and Jets fan a very happy fan indeed.
Finally, I want to wish you all a joyous holiday season, whether you celebrate Solstice, Chanukah, Kwanzaa or Christmas. Or if you are a Seinfeld fan, Festivus for the rest of us! I wish you a better 2016 than any year you ever had before. And I wish you Peace, Joy and Good Health, and a Safe and Happy New Year!
I hope you look forward to my commentaries next year as much as I do. For all of us, I know they will not be boring.
See you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment