Sunday, March 22, 2015

Welcome Spring!

There is so much strife in the world to write about today. I usually am right there criticizing the Administration about its actions, or rather inactions, both here and abroad. The most recent events involves Yemen and Barry's response to the Netanyahu win.

But, for today, I will leave this to others to comment.

Instead, it is a beautiful Sunday morning here on Long Island and in the Northeast, with temperatures expected to be in the 40s and maybe even reaching 50. That is a good sign that the first Sunday of Spring has a good omen for us. Perhaps Friday's snow squall is the last vestige of the worst winter in many years.

I heard birds chirping this morning and when I looked outside, there were birds picking at the lawnSuch a nice scene! In two weeks, it will be Easter and Passover, which are early this year. But they can't come soon enough, don't you agree?


In addition, the 2015 baseball season will be upon us. For my Mets, Opening Day is April 6, on the road. Another sign that warm weather is just about here.
This was a tough winter, especially in the Northeast. It seemed to snow every week from January 15 on. Yes, there were little storms in December, including a torrential rainstorm on Christmas Eve,  which teased us with a White Christmas which never happened, but the January and February snows certainly made up for that.


There is still January snow on the ground, especially in mid and northern New England. But, I expect that with a few warm days, it will be gone, maybe by April 1. I am sure my friends in the northern climes are hoping.

In a month or so, we will see 60s and 70s as a daily occurrence and not long after, 80s and 90s will be the norm. But I don't care.  I never complain about the heat because I like warm. I hate the cold. When one is cold, you are cold to the bone. If I feel hot, there is air conditioning or a cool shower.

So, welcome Spring! I have been counting down to you since Christmas and I am glad you finally made it! Stay a while and clear the way for better days.

And maybe, just maybe, you can help clear some of the political stench which seems to make us all so agitated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment