Sunday, November 15, 2015

My Right of Free Speech - and Yours, Too



Over the last few days, some friends of mine on Facebook have criticized my posts as being hateful toward Barry Soetoro Hussein Obama. Let me make it clear: I don't hate him. He absolutely disgusts me.
One friend claimed that he deserves our loyalty and our support, apparently blindly, just because he is the President of the United States. To that friend, let me ask you this: Did you support Nixon blindly because he was President during Watergate? Or Bush during the Iraq War? I don't think you did.
As you might recall, this country was founded on the following premise"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government."
This probably is the most important clause of our Declaration of Independence, you know, that document which announced the break between the American Colonies and the despotic King George III. So loyalty to a President should not be blind. He or She is a person, with a political agenda which may be contrary to the majority of the people. And if you tell me that Obama was elected twice, well, so were Nixon and BushPeople have the right to turn on the one they elected in this country.
This government exists with the "consent of the governed"not with the obedience of the governedThe First Amendment of our Constitution, which is the First Right in our Bill of Rights, discusses our Freedom of Speech. As a free-thinking AmericanI will always speak out when our government and its leaders, in my view, violates the Constitution of this country, which they have sworn to uphold.
The Constitution is our Basic Law, not a suggestion list. The men and women who have served in the military to defend the Constitution, the freedoms it discusses and protects the liberties We the People enjoy, did so for our benefit, not to blindly obey a political person with an agenda. Therein lies the difference between my friends' opinions and mine.
I am not a believer of being politically correct. To me, that is a surrender of my Right to Free Speech, which until my last breath will NEVER happen. I am amazed that so many people are willing to relinquish this right, in order not to offend the President or other people who serve and work for US.
In the end, I must look into the mirror and be able to say that the man looking back at me is true to himself and to his beliefs. If I abrogated my freedoms and my moresI would not be the man I amThat would disgust me.
So, I will always speak out, be sure of that. If you don't like what I say, you have the right not to read my commentaries and my posts. If you wish to comment, or notthat is your right, as well. I support and, in fact, encourage you to respond. But I will not change my views for fear of you criticizing my beliefs, or you “unfriending” me.
Don't tell me that my views are beliefs are wrong or mean-spirited. Instead, please understand my views are honest, always with an eye to the Constitution. That is my Sacred Document. Do not dare try to stifle my defense of it.
Neither you, nor the government, will succeed in taking that away from me until I breathe no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment